Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 1

Monday, May 11, 2009
2 Miles
Perfect conditions for a running streak (ha!).

FUN FACTS: (since May 11, 2009):
Total Miles Logged: 2
Total Time Running: 20:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged May: 2

I did it! I didn't want to do it. I was scared to start running again (for some odd reason), but I did it! I ran my first two miles since the marathon! Owen and I went grocery shopping this afternoon and I ran home from the store. I turned on the Nano and moved to the sounds of "Geek in the Pink," "L-O-V-E," "Bubbly," and "Pretty Woman." I could feel my heart working hard for the first time in three weeks, and it felt good. I found myself smiling mid-run. I was reminded of my very first run through the corn fields in Sunderland, when I started running to get into shape for the U.S. Collegiate National Figure Skating Championships in Hawaii. I woke up early before class, pulled on my cotton sweatpants, and gave it everything I had just to get to the next telephone pole, stop sign, and mailbox. I've come a long way.

I decided not to pace myself for the first mile, so I got off to a fast start. For twenty minutes, I forgot about work, worries, chores, lists, and all of the little things that create unnecessary stress in my life. I focused on me. It felt good.

Owen commented on my speed as soon as I got home. That felt good too. Today marks the first day of my running streak. Only 364 more days to go until I can officially become a member of the U.S. Running Streak Association! Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: