Thursday, November 6, 2008

DFMC Karaoke

Thursday, November 6, 2008
5:45PM (3-Mile Run)
Neighborhood Loop
Weather: 40F
Conditions: Dark and Rainy
Gut Rating: 2
Perfect conditions for a marathon (ha!).
Pace: Who knows?

It was a dark and stormy night ... but I had a great run nonetheless! I actually enjoy running in the rain when it's not too cold; it's almost refreshing. Jack says that there's no bad weather, just bad clothing. I would like to dedicate the following song to everyone on the DFMC team who went for a run tonight!

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

I'm running in the rain
Just running in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just runnin',
Runnin' in the rain


FUN FACTS: (since October 20, 2008):
Total Miles Logged: 19.5
Total Time Running: 03:15:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:30:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged October: 9
Total Miles Logged November: 10.5

MONTHLY CROSSTRAINING:
Total Hours October: 00:30:00

GUT RATING SCALE:
(1) Great workout! Could have run twice as far (if I threw caution and The Plan to the wind).
(2) Rewarding effort - felt almost great.
(3) Worked up a decent sweat - had fun in general.
(4) Heart and soul not out here with my body, but...The Plan, Boss, The Plan!
(5) Thank goodness the race wasn't today. I'd rather be doing almost anything else.

No comments: