Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Lone Runner

Saturday, November 8, 2008
10:30AM (4-Mile Run)
Worcester Out and Back
Weather: 60F
Conditions: Cloudy
Gut Rating: 3
Perfect conditions for a marathon (ha!).
Pace: Who knows?

Today, I was a lone runner. My run started and ended at my parents' home in Worcester. I was hot and slow. I should've looked at the weather before I packed my black running tights and a long sleeved shirt because I would've been more comfortable wearing a tank top and shorts. I completed my run nonetheless!


FUN FACTS: (since October 20, 2008):
Total Miles Logged: 23.5
Total Time Running: 03:55:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:30:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged October: 9
Total Miles Logged November: 14.5

MONTHLY CROSSTRAINING:
Total Hours October: 00:30:00

GUT RATING SCALE:
(1) Great workout! Could have run twice as far (if I threw caution and The Plan to the wind).
(2) Rewarding effort - felt almost great.
(3) Worked up a decent sweat - had fun in general.
(4) Heart and soul not out here with my body, but...The Plan, Boss, The Plan!
(5) Thank goodness the race wasn't today. I'd rather be doing almost anything else.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Katy!
You don't know me, but I believe you know Meg Lortie? We were friends in college! I am running the Philly in 8 days... and facebook somehow got me here... anyways I wanted to wish you good luck training for the Boston again and I plan to make a donation for you! I am an oncology nurse and love what I do and plan to think of all my patients when I run on sunday! I was reading your blog from last year and I cried reading about your grandmother! Anyways... In my taper madness I have gotten bored and created a blog! Good luck!!
Kristin

Kathryn Kellett said...

Hi Kristin,

Hope all is well! I do know Meg Lortie -- we used to skate together! Thanks so much for keeping up with my blog! How did the Philly go!? What's the link to your blog? I would love to read your story. Thank you, in advance, for your contribution, and I wish you all the very best with your work and everything else!

Many thanks,
Katy