Sunday, December 2, 2007

Today was Cold ... But I Ran

It took me at least a half hour to figure out what to wear for my first "cold" weather run this winter. After changing clothes three or four times, I settled on a pair of blister free socks, two pairs of running pants, a sports bra, two dry-fit tops, my black fitness fleece from L.L. Bean, a polyester hat, gloves, and my Asics. I took the subway out to the Riverside stop on the D-line. Kate decided to join me on my run at the last minute and Emily thought we were both crazy for running outside. It was "fine once we got running." We ran to the border of Wellesley and back down Washington Street. I followed the marathon route to Coolidge Corner and continued on to complete my second ten mile run.

I would also like to use this post to write about my late night run on Thursday. It wasn't nearly as cold as today, but it was still somewhat chilly. I ran along the marathon course in the dark with Kate. I had a wonderful run despite my tripping over a couple of potholes. The hardest part of this particular run was determining whether to watch for oncoming traffic or deadly potholes. I was afraid that I might've twisted my ankle, but I'm glad to report that my ankle is pain free. My next running purchase will definitely be a reflective vest!

No comments: