Sunday, May 10, 2009

So ... Now What?!?

So ... I just finished the Boston Marathon. I still have a lot of thank you notes to send out. I'm planning a wedding and I'm getting ready to take the LSAT in September. Then, I'm hoping to get my JD/MBA at Suffolk University while continuing to work at Dana-Farber.

I would like to keep up with my running now that the marathon is over. WHY?! Because it gives me discipline and focus. It's a great way to keep in shape and it's a stress relief from my day-to-day activities. Running makes me feel good all over, so why not keep it up?! I haven't run since the marathon, and I'm starting to feel like a blob. I've been wanting to get back out there, but my mind gets in the way every time. Exercising and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is so important to me, which is why I've decided to give streak running a shot. This does not mean that I will be running hundreds of miles in a month though!

A running streak is defined by USRSA as running at least one continuous mile within each calendar day under one's own body power (without the utilization of any type of health or mechanical aid other than prosthetic devices). Treadmill running is allowed!

Monday, May 11, 2009, will officially mark the first day of my running streak. My general goal is to run home from work and to fill in the rest of the gaps with shorter, easy runs to give my legs a break. I will use this blog to track my progress. If I can run everyday for one year, I will qualify for membership in the United States Running Streak Association. Do you think I can do it?! Well, there's one way to find out. Here we go!

No comments: