Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A DFMC "Moment"

Last night, I posted the following message on the DFMC community board:

Just writing to say ... I really love you guys :) ... Am so glad to be on your team ... Am so proud to be able to fundraise/work/run for Dana-Farber!! :) ...

Just finished the slowest, greatest 18 miler EVER ... but I finished with strength and peace of mind ... and actually had a good time running in the rain! ...

I received some really great advice from an experienced marathoner a few days ago ... and wanted to share it because I'm usually told what to wear, what to eat, how to treat injuries, etc.... when I ask for advice ...

But this guy's advice was truly unique! He told me that he finished several marathons in his lifetime (including Boston) ... and the best advice that he had to offer was:

Just have fun! As hard as it is to hear this ... You can always get a ride home; You can always walk if you need to! It's absolutely okay! ... But whatever you do ... enjoy the moment! Just have fun!

This advice seems so simple ... but it was something that I really needed to hear at the time ... So ... Enjoy! :)

No comments: