Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Longest Run Ever

I did it! ...

My official time was 5:30:42 ... and I promise to tell you all about it soon ... but it's back to bed for me right now! Thank you everyone for supporting my run because it was definitely one of the most amazing experiences of my entire life!! The feeling that you get from running through eight towns and 500,000 screaming fans (many yelling things like "Dana-Farber saved my life") was totally surreal! I'm still working towards my $10,000 fundraising goal ... and it's not to late to sponsor my 26.2 mile run for cancer research! Holy cow ... I just ran the Boston Marathon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been following your blog for a few weeks after doing a search on IT band injury. Congrats on your great performance in the BOSTON MARATHON!! You should be very proud. I'm part of the Team in Training for the Leukemia Society and am running my first marathon in San Diego in June in my dad's memory. Probably won't make as great time as you did. But just really want to make a difference.... Anyway, I tracked your progress yesterday online and was cheering you on. Way to go!!! I'm beyond impressed!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Katy!!!!!!
I followed you all day on line Monday. So glad you completed the whole 26.2 miles, but there was never a doubt in my mind that you would.

Hope you have recovered.
love,
Rorie

mokellett said...

Katy is beyond amazing.