Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Here! It's Here! It's Here!

Last night, I went to bed at 9pm. I woke up at 3am ... but I feel good! It's currently 4:38am ... and Hillary will be here in less than an hour! I've just finished reading a bunch of "first marathon" stories for a few last minute tips and inspiration. I'm going to tackle this thing one step at a time. This is a 17 mile "light training run" and a 9 mile race. I'm going to go out slow. If I don't feel like I'm running too slow ... I'm going too fast. This is not the final exam ... this is the graduation celebration. My goal is to finish and to have fun. I can always walk or get a ride if I really need to ... but I'm going to enjoy every moment ... because it's not every day that you get to run the Boston Marathon! Well ... here we go! :)

2 comments:

Owen said...

I know you're already on the bus to Hopkinton by now and won't see this until you're done but, GOOD LUCK KATY! I've been a first-hand witness to all the hard work you've put into this and I know you're going to do great.

See you at mile 22 and the finish!
Love,
O

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on an awesome run Katy!