Monday, March 23, 2009

A Running Stream of Consciousness

I'm going to use this post to ramble on for a little bit because it's been awhile since my last post. A TON has happened over the last month!! Owen and I got a new apartment together, and we are totally loving our new life! I've discovered a ton of new runs, and I'm still running with Kay on a regular basis. I also got into the habit of running home from work every couple of days, and I'm hoping that I'll keep up with the routine following the marathon.

The weather is starting to warm up and I had an AWESOME 17-miler a few weeks ago. It was my favorite run this year because it felt so great running in just a long-sleeved t-shirt. We got our 18-miler in, and we're gearing up for our 20-miler this weekend! I'm pretty pumped because I feel like I'm doing things right this year. I've been going for regular massages at the Boston Bodyworker (Natalie is highly recommended), and I feel good! I'm not going to do anything silly. I'm just going to keep on keepin' on, and take things one day at a time.

When I logged my mileage this afternoon, I noticed that I'm already well over the 400-mile mark! This is truly amazing considering some of the injuries that I battled last year.

I just discovered Arnold's Arboretum and it might just be my new favorite place to run!! Did you know that there are Redwood trees in Boston!?! It's true! Arnold's Arboretum is a secret (well, er public) garden in JP. There are tons of paths and it's quite hilly, but the view of Boston from Peter's Hill is well worth the effort. I can't wait to do this run again soon!

It's almost 10pm, and I'm in the process of washing my running clothes. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my time following the marathon!!

I'm still working on my fundraising -- BIG TIME! I sent an email to my Facebook Friends, and I'm in the process of organizing another cut-a-thon at Salon Acote. I really hope that we can pull it together! I'm setting up a table at the annual West Boylston High School Play Competitions on Friday night to collect contributions, and I'm looking into setting up a table at Walmart. Finally, I'm contemplating one more fundraiser, but I'd really like your feedback and suggestions.

Should I conduct a) an organized dog walk or b) a frisbee tournament?! Please comment!

Finally, I'm past the halfway mark with my fundraising!! I've raised over $5,000, but I still have a LOOooOoOOooooNNNGGggG way to go to reach my $10,000 fundraising goal! Please go to http://www.rundfmc.org/katyc2009 to sponsor my run! :)

No comments: