Monday, March 23, 2009

You GO Daddio!

Have you ever seen those intense mom and dad runners? You know who I'm talking about -- those parents who take their toddlers out for a quick twelve-miler after work. Are you wondering where I'm going with this post?! I'm starting to wonder myself. Basically, I just wanted to tell you about the dad I saw running up Heartbreak Hill. I'd guess that the guy was probably about forty-two years old, and he was pushing his toddler up the infamous Heartbreak Hill. GET THIS -- he was ALSO pushing his six-year old son on a bicycle up Heartbreak Hill! The POOR DAD!! His toddler was crying, and his six year old was whining about how he wasn't going to make it. I have a hard enough time just running up the hill. IMAGINE running up the hill with two small children! I stuck behind the bunch for a bit during one of my long runs because the scene made me chuckle outloud. Bottom line: that's dedication! Hats off to all of those parents who run with their children!

No comments: