Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Will Run/Walk Five Hundred Miles

So much has happened (good and bad) since my last blog post on February 18, 2008:

1. I recovered from my ITB injury! That's right folks! I've completed three or four long runs (alternating running for three minutes and walking for one minute) without any knee pain whatsoever!

2. I raised over $4,000.00 for cancer research at the 2008 Skate to Freeze Cancer!

3. I got married! (No mom, not really). My best friend from tour has been staying at my house for the last two weeks, and she has become my temporary housewife! She cooks dinner, cleans the dishes, and organizes my shelves. The sad news is that Chelsey will be leaving tomorrow for another state. Sigh. It was a short-lived marriage, but it was fun while it lasted!

4. I developed a new injury. BOOOOOoooOOOooo! The outer ridge and underside of my foot started hurting about a week ago. The pain wasn't very severe at the time, so I decided to run regardless. I completed a ten mile run, a four mile run, and a nine miler. The pain became progressively worse during my nine miler, so I pressed on towards Crossroads. I had just enough energy to limp to the North End for dinner after my run, but I woke up in excrutiating pain on Friday morning. It hurt to put any pressure on my foot. I decided to go to the doctor (something I never do) for a proper diagnosis. To make a long story longer, I've been told that I've either a) sprained/strained my foot or b) developed a stress fracture. I'm going to try to be as optimistic as possible and go with option A. I'm hoping that the pain will go away before the end of this week. In the meantime, I'm back on the program (e.g. crosstraining, stretching, vitamin-I, ice, and rest).

No comments: