Friday, February 8, 2008

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

Last week, Hillary and I attempted our first deep water running workout. Deep water running is a great form of crosstraining and it's wonderful for injury rehabilitation. We arrived at the pool at 6:30am before work, and we were somewhat intimidated by the crowd of "advanced" swimmers. There were at least two or three of them in every single lane! We really fit right in as I strapped my flotation belt on over my black, ruffly bathingsuit and Hillary entered the "kiddie pool" in her orange bikini. Since the lap pool was full, we both agreed that it would be best to start our deep water running career in shallow water. LOL.

The "kiddie pool" turned out to be just deep enough for us to complete some form of deep water running. We finished several laps before deciding to run in zig-zags and circles. I was surprised when I found mysef sweating about ten minutes into the workout, and my arms and legs really worked hard against the water resistance. After the lap pool cleared out around 7am, I jumped right in to finish the remainder of my workout.

I've since completed several deep water running workouts, and I'm starting to get the hang of it! Feel free to click on the following link to watch a video on deep water running:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1078

1 comment:

Hill said...

Ok.
Excuse.
It was not "itsy bitsy teenie weenie."
It was just old.
And I'm pretty sure its not yellow - it's orange.
And it doesnt have polka dots either.
Am I being too literal here?