Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cure Cancer Burn Calories!








Separate from my run for Dana-Farber, I will be running the Brookline High School 21st Century Fund 2008 Walk-Run to raise money for cancer research. This event is a sanctioned 5k road race/walk that starts and ends at the Brookline High School on Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 10:00am.

The 21st Century Fund is sponsoring and planning this event to give groups in the community of Brookline High School the opportunity to raise money themselves for their activities.

I have entered a team in the event called Cure Cancer Burn Calories! to give you the opportunity to run a 5K by my side and to raise your own funds for cancer research. All are welcome to join my team and each participant will receive his or her own fundraising webpage! The cost is only $10 ($15 after November 24th) to run/walk and there is no fundraising minimum, but I hope that you will collect additional pledges from family and friends as part of the Cure Cancer Burn Calories! team. The great news is that the 21st Century Fund will contribute 80% of the pledges raised through my run/walk team to support cancer research! The individual who collects the most in pledges will receive a gift certificate redeemable for a FREE 3-month membership at the Beacon Hill Athletic Club!

If you would like to join my run/walk team, go to http://bhs21stcenturyfund.kintera.org/walkrun/curecancer to register! Please feel free to comment if you have any questions!

No comments: