Monday, October 20, 2008

Six Months = 182.621099 Days


Monday, October 20, 2008
7:30AM Workout
BHAC
Weather: Indoors
Conditions: Indoors
Gut Rating: 2
Perfect conditions for a marathon (ha!).
Pace: Who knows?

GET EXCITED! In exactly six months from today, I will complete my second Boston Marathon for Dana-Farber! I'm looking forward to seeing my mom and dad at mile 10. I have a hot date with Owen (lol - and family) at mile 22. My roommate, Kate, will be at Coolidge Corner. I can't wait to open my little envelope -- it's always Christmas at mile 16. The screaming girls at Wellesley at the halfway mark are CRAZY! The patient partners and their families will be in Kenmore Square, cheering beneath my favorite part of boston: the famous Citgo sign. My co-workers and friends will be scattered along the route, and we all know where we can find the finish line! Again, GET EXCITED!

Today also marked the first day of my marathon training. I did a half hour on the elliptical machine this morning before work. Before I blog too much, I have a confession. I haven't worked out in over two months. EEP! I expected today to be difficult, but it wasn't so bad. I think that my body appreciated the hiatus from running, etc. Now, we're back on track!

FUN FACTS: (since October 20, 2008):
Total Miles Logged: 0
Total Time Running: 00:00:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:30:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged October: 0

MONTHLY CROSSTRAINING:
Total Hours October: 00:30:00

GUT RATING SCALE:
(1) Great workout! Could have run twice as far (if I threw caution and The Plan to the wind).
(2) Rewarding effort - felt almost great.
(3) Worked up a decent sweat - had fun in general.
(4) Heart and soul not out here with my body, but...The Plan, Boss, The Plan!
(5) Thank goodness the race wasn't today. I'd rather be doing almost anything else.

SEINFELD SCALE:
X

No comments: