Tuesday, October 21, 2008

P.S. The Black Toe

Tuesday, October 21, 2008
7:15AM
Rt. 9
Weather: 41F
Conditions: Partly Cloudy
Gut Rating: 2
Perfect conditions for a marathon (ha!).
Pace: Who knows?

I did a nice, easy two miler with Kay before work. The hardest part of the run was getting out of bed this morning. Last October, I was running six and seven milers. This year, I'm going to try not to increase my mileage so quickly. I'm also not going to take a week off at Christmas, but I'll save that topic for a December post.

It felt good to run today. My confidence in my running has improved ten-fold because I know that I am capable of completing the mileage. Kay and I somehow got onto the topic of pedicures and toes during our run (odd I know), which reminded me that I never told you about my post-marathon trauma. Yes, my big toenail fell off about four months after the marathon. I'm currently debating whether I should include a picture of it in this post. Not sure if an image of my toe will portray DFCI in a positive light? It could also scare away potential teammates. Anyhow, my toenail is almost back to normal ... just in time for it to turn black and fall off again! I'm still not sure why I didn't have problems with any of my other toes. Any guesses?

I would also like to share with you that I wore both of my lime green fleeces today. I wore one during my run, and the other during my GMAT class because it is starting to get chilly out there!

FUN FACTS: (since October 20, 2008):
Total Miles Logged: 2
Total Time Running: 00:20:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:30:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged October: 2

MONTHLY CROSSTRAINING:
Total Hours October: 00:30:00

GUT RATING SCALE:
(1) Great workout! Could have run twice as far (if I threw caution and The Plan to the wind).
(2) Rewarding effort - felt almost great.
(3) Worked up a decent sweat - had fun in general.
(4) Heart and soul not out here with my body, but...The Plan, Boss, The Plan!
(5) Thank goodness the race wasn't today. I'd rather be doing almost anything else.

SEINFELD SCALE:
XX

No comments: