Sunday, February 22, 2009

Running of the Brides

Got a great workout in this week during Running of the Brides! I found a great dress (not the one in the video clip below), and I was on the news! Check it out and feel free to read the email that I sent to my team following the run below:

http://wbztv.com/video/?id=73230@wbz.dayport.com

OMG! We made it on the news, (LOL - and probably the Christian Science Monitor), team!!! Mo, thanks for sending me this video!! That's hilarious!! Emily, we didn't end up getting the dress in the video. This was the first dress that I tried on -- thanks to Katherine!! I have no idea how she managed to get it so quickly!

The whole experience was so fun -- definitely sets the tone for our entire wedding, and I'm glad that I didn't have to do that by myself! Could you imagine!?! Between our strategy, 80's funk beat music machine and cardboard cutout sign, we definitely had the BEST, ragtag team there!! Can you believe some girls slept on the sidewalk overnight?!? CRAZY!! I love how we strolled in at 7:45am with Donuts!! My favorite moment was when we started running, and someone from the team was like -- "Oh. We actually have to run!?!" Patty charged straight through the madness with Anne. We lost Katherine and Mo. I laughed uncontrollably by an empty rack while Marielle took pictures. Then, Katherine came running with A REAL DRESS!! That's when WBZ news started filming! Then, the bartering began! Does anyone know who that random woman was who "formed an alliance" with us?! So strange!! Mo, I'm so glad you weren't trampled! ;) ... Thank you all for helping me find a great dress at a great price! LOL - and let's hope that I still fit into it in 2010!! :-P

Lots of love,
Katy

P.S. I showed the dress to my mom and dad today ... and they both love it! :) ... Dad said that I, (Insert we), couldn't have found a more perfect dress! :)

No comments: