Tuesday, February 3, 2009

WHOA!

The economy is in rough shape, but this has been an AWESOME week for fundraising! I received not one, but two $500 contributions!! I danced around my room both times, and now I know what it feels like when a Major Gifts Officer receives his or her first HUGE contribution for an organization!

Whenever someone goes above and beyond to do something special for someone else, I make a mental note. $500 means 50 hours of work to some people. In today's economy, it means food on the table and a roof overhead. To some, $500 could mean a new television or a new computer. In this case, $500 means that the human race is one step closer to a cure. I'm so appreciative of the thought that went into both of these gifts (and every gift) for that matter. If anyone cannot afford to make a contribution, notes are greatly appreciated too! Support comes in all shapes and sizes, and all of it is greatly appreciated when training for the 2009 Boston Marathon for Dana-Farber!

Thank you, Thank YOU, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has sponsored my run because Dana-Farber is doing great things, and it's a cause that I fully support! It is also an honor to run in memory and in support of your loved ones. If you would like to sponsor my run, please go to http://www.rundfmc.org/katyc2009. The marathon is just around the corner!

No comments: