Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wind Tunnel

Saturday, January 31, 2009
8:00AM (12 Miles)
Watertown Run
Weather: 26F
Conditions: Sunny and Windy
Gut Rating: 3
Perfect conditions for a marathon (ha!).
Pace: 6 mph

Kay and I had a great group run today! We got our 12-miler in! I was a little concerned about Kay because she suffered from some pains on the right side of her stomach (likely caused by dehydration). We walked for a couple of minutes, and the pain subsided before it caused her more grief. Eventually, the problem subsided. The hill getting to "the hills" was tough, but the last stretch of the run was even tougher because we were faced with a nasty headwind. I sort of felt like I was a football player trying to rush the ball with a hundred obstacles in my way. Kay described it as "running two miles with every step." I hope the marathon isn't that windy. Felt great to get the mileage under our belts on Saturday morning because we had the rest of the weekend to relax.

We had a great run nonetheless, and Jan gave us the opportunity to promote all of our fundraising events!! I'm thrilled because we've actually had a lot of signups as a result!

Mentally, running is easier this year because I know I can do it. I'm running more, but I'm probably more cautious this year because I know what happens when you get off track. Note to self: Just keep at it! You're doing the right thing!

Finally, check out my stats below!!! I finally hit the 100-mile mark in a single month!


FUN FACTS: (since October 20, 2008):
Total Miles Logged: 220.0
Total Time Running: 40:15:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:30:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged October: 9
Total Miles Logged November: 41.5
Total Miles Logged December: 61
Total Miles Logged January: 108.5 <<<< CHECK THAT OUT!!!!

1 comment: