Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Lion and the Pace Car

I ran 14 miles on Sunday! If I had to use two words to describe my long run, I'd use "slow" and "steady." I started my run in Worcester. It was only supposed to be a 12 mile run, but my body gave me the "go ahead" to push it a little bit further. I tagged the lion at my old high school before turning around to finish the second half of my run. There was a major hill at mile nine, but my parents decided to surprise me in their "pace car." They couldn't have visited at a better time! I was really huffing and puffing up that hill until I saw the old Mercury waiting for me at the top. I forgot about the hill and ran straight towards my mom and dad. I wasn't possibly going to fail them on that hill! I finished the run in two and a half hours without any knee or foot pain during the run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy! Your blog is so interesting and creative! I discovered it today and have read many of your entries.
Kudos to you and your running, I would never be able to run like you do :)

-Megan

Kathryn Kellett said...

So glad that the "Queen of Blogging" approves of my blog! Thanks for reading!