Friday, January 4, 2008

Cool Runnings

Last night was COLD, but I ran! The weather channel reported that it was only FIVE DEGREES outside, but I ran! My water bottle froze to solid ICE, but I ran! My running buddy reported that her "boogies were FROZEN," but I ran! I couldn't talk, but I ran! My cheeks were beet RED, but I ran! My eyes WATERED, but I ran!

Keegan, Sarah, and I ran down Commonwealth Avenue to Cleveland Circle and back up Beacon Street to complete a great, eight mile run! It was chilly at the start to say the least, but we felt almost comfortable after about a mile into our workout. I actually found our workout rather humorous, and I have to admit that it was probably my favorite run thus far. I'm so proud of us for getting out there because we are going to be seriously ready for the 2008 Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge! A few highlights of the evening included working out with a ninja bodyguard, listening to Sarah's stories, guessing games galore, trying to suck the ice out of my water bottle for six miles, conquering the MEGA hill on Commonwealth Avenue, deciding not to sprint to the corner, and tagging the pole at the end of the workout. Go team!

After the workout, I slipped into something a little more comfortable (a.k.a. warm), ordered a hot bowl of soup, and finished every drop of water that I couldn't sip during my run.

2 comments:

mokellett said...

Yay, Katy!!! You're intense. :)

Kathryn Kellett said...

Thanks Mo! You're equally intense with your streak running! :)