Sunday, January 27, 2008

R.I.C.E.

I just sent an email to Coach Jack Fultz Marathon Champion because it's time to call in the big guns! I spent last week on the elliptical machine because I'm currently battling an ITB injury. I attempted a three mile run this afternoon, but my knee flared up midway through my workout. Disclaimer: I'm going to use the next couple of sentences of this post to vent. ITB injuries are ANNOYING! I feel great! I feel healthy! I'm in amazing shape! My runs start off absolutely fantastic! I've never wanted to run more in my entire life! Two miles into each run, however, the sharp, burning pain on the outside of my right knee acts up for absolutely no reason! Well, I know there's several reasons, but I just won't stand (or sit) for them at this point in my training!

I've never been one to complain, but I've never been one to allow anything to get in the way of a goal either! I am on a 26.2 mile mission for Dana-Farber. I'm going to be patient, but I'm not going to let any sharp pains on the side of my knee bring me down! I'm on the R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, elevation) program for a few more days. I'm using the foam roller, and I'm taking Ibuprofen. I'm stretching so much that my body is turning into a human pretzel, and my footprints are permanently embedded into the pedals on the elliptical trainers at the gym.

There! I got it out of my system! Thank you for listening!

No comments: