Tuesday, January 1, 2008

To Be Continued

My original plan was to complete one more eight mile run before the start of 2008. I was going to run outside, but I didn't want Troy to worry about my safety on the icy roads. I hopped onto the "dreadmill" after work sometime around 3:30pm with my IPod Nano, and I was having such a great workout until I noticed that I was the only person on any of the machines at 4:15pm. I was beginning to feel a little bit self-conscious being alone at the gym on New Years Eve, so I decided to ask the gentleman at the front desk about the mass exodus. It turned out that the gym closed at 4:00pm. I quickly packed up my things, but I was glad to have at least four more miles under my belt. It's probably good that I didn't run nineteen miles during my first two workouts after the holiday break because my legs are really yelling at me for the fifteen miles that I finished.

I'm off to the gym in just a few minutes to do some intense crosstraining and hatha yoga to make up for the four miles that are to be continued. I predict that this year shall be full new accomplishments, and I wish everyone a happy, healthy 2008!

1 comment:

mokellett said...

"Dreadmill" is a good way to put it.