Sunday, January 27, 2008

Meet Your Match Party

On Saturday morning, I attended the Meet Your Match Party. The party provided 2008 DFMC runners with the opportunity to finally meet their patient partners from the Jimmy Fund Clinic. Although my patient partner, Jasmine, was unable to attend the event, I had a wonderful time playing games with the other runners and their new friends from Dana-Farber. A representative from Project Adventure led us in some interactive activities involving styrofoam letters, puzzle pieces, trivia questions, bouncy balls, and buckets. Dana-Farber Marathon and Running Programs staff members addressed the crowd, and we heard from one of DFMC's older patient partners. I'm so glad that I attended the event because training for the 2008 Boston Marathon just became so much more meaningful. I picked up a patient partner program t-shirt and a megaphone for Jasmine, and I really hope to see her at the Dana-Farber cheering section on race day. NECN was taping at the party, and I invite you to check out their story at the following link because it truly captures the meaning behind the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge.

http://www.necn.com/New-England/Runners-raise-money-for-cancer-patients/1201387188.html

No comments: