Friday, January 18, 2008

Skating Lessons for a Cure

The requests for skating lessons are really pouring in now, and my weekends have become extremely busy! I gave an hour long skating lesson last Saturday to my ten-year-old cousin Tricia, and I'm giving her another lesson tomorrow before she moves to Florida. During our first lesson, I taught Tricia how to fall down and stand up properly. We also worked on forward gliding, dips, scullies, and snowplow stops! Tricia is such a great listener, and I'm impressed by her ability to skate backwards after her first lesson! I'll be giving a skating lesson to Julia and Lidia tomorrow afternoon, and another lesson to Jodi's children on Sunday!

Please contact me at kcounihan@gmail.com if you or someone you know would like a skating lesson with a retired professional figure skater from Disney on Ice! Half hour lessons are available for a $25.00 gift to Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge and hour lessons are available for a $50.00 gift to Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge! 100% of lesson proceeds support my run for Dana-Farber!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Katy! It's getting closer to our trip to Boston (we're getting very excited). Can you please let me know your availability for lessons from 3/17-30? I sent you an email to your gmail account so you can just reply there. Thanks! Carrie from Hawaii

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for the typo...it's actually 3/27-30

Carrie