Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tuesday Dinner

Owen made me a spectacular dish of wheat pasta with basil for dinner last night, but he really made me work for it! I would normally take the train to get from Brookline to Owen's house in Arlington in time for dinner. Last night, however, I decided to run! I mapped out the seven mile route online, and I left some warm clothes at Owen's over the weekend. It usually takes about an hour to get there by train, so I decided to make better use of my time by turning my evening commute into a workout! I started off at a quick pace, but the pedestrians at Coolidge Corner and Harvard Square really slowed me down. The streets were busy because everyone was outside enjoying the warm, January weather! I've never seen so many people wearing t-shirts in winter! I definitely dressed too warm with my long sleeved shirt and black jacket. I'm so glad that I decided not to wear two pairs of pants! I carried my gloves in my pockets and wore my headband around my left elbow. Since I was afraid of getting lost, I also carried my cell phone, a debit card and my license in case of an emergency. My usual "Katy-sized" water bottle came along for the ride as well. I got to Owen's house in an about an hour and twenty minutes, took a quick shower, and enjoyed a fantastic meal with even better company!

No comments: