Thursday, January 8, 2009

Multitasking


Thursday, January 7, 2009
6:00AM (7 Miles)
BC Loop
Weather: 40F (took off my jacket)
Conditions: Dark ... then Sunny
Gut Rating: 3
Perfect conditions for a marathon (ha!).
Pace: 11 mph

Last night, we decided to work on our fundraising in exchange for our mid-week long run. We prepared an Evite for "If Looks Could Cure" and for "Deep Water Running for Dana-Farber." To make up for our run, we completed our long run early this morning. It was pretty dark when we left the house, but the sun was shining when we returned. We really watched our footing because it was still fairly icy from our last storm.

We completed a new route today, which naturally means that we got a little lost. I have such a good sense of direction in the car, but I could defintely use a GPS during my long runs. I used to keep maps with me, but they would disintegrate in my pocket. Not very helpful if you ask me! Anyhow, we asked for directions at Boston College and took a shortcut through campus. I was looking out for Katherine and Tricia, but they probably weren't wandering around school at 6am.

We're right on schedule with our training, and my body feels pretty good. I'm a little more cautious this year because I know what happens when you're not careful. Marathon training hasn't been too stressful. I just wake up and run. I've come to the conclusion that fundraising is the bigger challenge.

I've been working SO hard on my fundraising events. I almost have too much on my plate, but I would never admit it in person. To put things in perspective, we have events on January 21st, January 28th, February 8th, and possibly on February 18th and April 3rd. I'm sending out my fundraising letters and I'm asking for $10 contributions from my Facebook friends. And - that's not all! I'm also getting married, studying for the LSAT and working a full time job. You only live once, so you might as well do it all!

Last year, I asked my Facebook friends to sponsor my run, but I didn't get a huge response. This year, I'm asking my Facebook friends specifically for $10 contributions. I figured that this was a good "ask" because things are pretty tight fro many people this year, and I haven't seen some of my Facebook friends in awhile. My $10 dollar mission on Facebook has been really successful so far because I received gifts from many people who did not contribute to my run last year. It can take a little while to request contributions from all of your Facebook friends, but I would definitely suggest this fundraising tactic to my DFMC teammates!

Speaking of multitasking ... I'm blogging and stretching at the same time! I should join the circus or something. Oh wait. I already did that! LOL. Have a great day!


FUN FACTS: (since October 20, 2008):
Total Miles Logged: 134.5
Total Time Running: 23:00:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:30:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged October: 9
Total Miles Logged November: 41.5
Total Miles Logged December: 61
Total Miles Logged January: 23

MONTHLY CROSSTRAINING:
Total Hours October: 00:30:00
Total Hours November: 00:00:00
Total Hours December: 00:00:00

2 comments:

Owen said...

Nice picture!

Kathryn Kellett said...

LOL ... Thanks, O! :) ... I chose it because the guy in the picture looks just like you (with multiple computers)! :-P