Sunday, January 4, 2009

Yax Tracks Anyone?!


Monday, December 22, 2008
5:30PM (7-Mile Run)
Woodland
Weather: 25F
Conditions: Snowy/Treacherous
Gut Rating: 1
Perfect conditions for a marathon (ha!).
Pace: 12 min/mile

Kay's brother gave us a ride out to Woodland tonight. We actually feared for our lives during our run. It usually takes us about five minutes to run from the T-stop to the fire station, but I'd estimate that it took at least twenty minutes. Snowbanks covered the sidewalks, so we were forced to run in the road at times. READ: SCARY! The roads were much narrower than usual, and the cars were a little too close for comfort. We stomped through the snow until we saw that no cars were coming. Then, we sprinted as if our lives depended on it! Let me tell you, it took us forever to get to the fire station, but we were FAST when we had the opportunity! We must've looked so crazy to the oncoming traffic. Next time, we're asking Kay's brother to drop us off at the fire house. I think I'm going to invest in Yax Tracks or snowshoes before I attempt that run again!

The rest of the run was a breeze compared to the first half-mile. I never thought I'd call Heartbreak Hill "a breeze." It was such a relief to get to the carriage path because Newton takes great care of it. Although this run was difficult, it was my favorite thus far. Kay had a great run too, because her knee didn't bother her!

FUN FACTS: (since October 20, 2008):
Total Miles Logged: 99.5 (LOL - could I be any closer?!?)
Total Time Running: 16:25:00
Total Time Crosstraining: 00:30:00

MONTHLY MILEAGE:
Total Miles Logged October: 9
Total Miles Logged November: 41.5
Total Miles Logged December: 49

MONTHLY CROSSTRAINING:
Total Hours October: 00:30:00
Total Hours November: 00:00:00
Total Hours December: 00:00:00

GUT RATING SCALE:
(1) Great workout! Could have run twice as far (if I threw caution and The Plan to the wind).
(2) Rewarding effort - felt almost great.
(3) Worked up a decent sweat - had fun in general.
(4) Heart and soul not out here with my body, but...The Plan, Boss, The Plan!
(5) Thank goodness the race wasn't today. I'd rather be doing almost anything else.

No comments: