Saturday, January 10, 2009

Road Trip


Looks like the group run was cancelled for the weekend due to the incoming storm. I'm going to do some crosstraining on Sunday and do my long run on Monday instead.

On a different note, I'm full steam ahead with my fundraising. I just drove to Lowell to drop off a bunch of flyers for the Skate to Freeze Cancer at the Colonial Synchro Classic with Kay. Thank goodness for Zipcar! There will be over a thousand skaters in attendance at the event, and the Skate to Freeze Cancer will be posted on the jumbotron and announced over the loudspeaker. I hope that everyone picks up a flyer at the registration desk!

We're hoping to conduct two separate skate-a-thons, and I may conduct a third one on my own at UMass Amherst with the help of the UMass Figure Skating Team. We're currently trying to book the ice for the skate-a-thons. Our dates are still tentative. FMC Arenas has graciously offered to donate the ice in April, and we're still working on securing ice for our February event in the Boston area. We'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

No comments: